Friends Showin Me Some Love!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

primers....AGAIN!

AHHHHHHHHHH! Run for the hills...I'm talking about Primers again.
NO! Not really! Don't run away! Please sit down and take advantage of my research. It was "my pleasure".
(No - I don't work at Chick-Fil-A) I am happy to take one for the team where make-up play is involved. ha!

Alrighty!
Since it's been awhile since I last posted....here's an update on the foundation primer I left you with last time.

Remember when I tried this one? ->

Well....
I stopped liking it pretty soon after that last blog. I think it still sits in the back of the drawer. I need to toss it. I can't remember why I stopped liking it...but, I think it made my face break out...and it started to feel a little greasy...and, most important - I think it just didn't work like I wanted it to. I want it all I tell ya! :-)

So....after a blissful visit to Sephora -  I tried this one ->


Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer.
My BFF has used this brand for her primer...in the green tint...so, I thought I'd give it a whirl. I bought the small size...which was still stupid expensive if it doesn't do it's job. I tried the peachier colored one. I'm always looking for ways to brighten my face...dang olive complexion!

So....verdict was. Ok in a pinch. Didn't make my make-up stay on like crazy mad...which is what I am after.  Not worth the money. Move along.

So....then I tried this one ->


Bare Escentuals Prime Time Foundation Primer.
I use some of the Bare Escentuals make-up. Well, honestly I only use the Mineral Veil and a blush on occasion. Sorry you people who swear by it...I think it makes older skin show every wrinkle "we" are trying to camo...at least on ME anyway. Dries my old skin out....anyway - back to the primer ->
What I love about this is that it is super light. I love how my skin feels after I use it. I also love that my face NEVER breaks out after I use it. BUUUUUUUUUT! I don't love that my make-up really doesn't seem to stay on much longer...it's almost like I didn't even use it. And......also, I don't love that it seems to be used up really fast so you have to purchase it more frequently. I used this for an extended period of time. I kept trying to convince myself of it's awesomeness.  I mean...come on! Have you seen that Bare Escentuals lady apply this stuff on her make-up models on tv...she's darn convincing! Finally, decided it was time to quit the charade. Time to face the music.  So - I use it every once in awhile now while I am using up the bottle.  Mostly I use it if I don't plan on wearing make-up much for the day, but I won't be buying it any more. Sorry Prime Time.

So....finally....I ended up back at the MAC counter. It's like I always seem to find myself back there after two-timing MAC. MAC always takes me back with open arms. I love MAC.  Anyway, after whining to my fav MAC consultant at the Pinnacle Mall in Rogers, Arkansas - she brought out this magic ->



MAC Prep + Prime.
I have used this for quite a long while now. I LOVE it. It lasts a long time. It feels great when you put it on. My make-up lasts a long time. BUT! Yep...there is a "BUT"...if I use too much in one application...I do notice that my face might break out a teeny tiny bit. Nothing big...it's just like..."Woah...where did you come from all the sudden Mr. Ugly Pimp!"...and then it's gone pretty fast. So...................verdict is.......
....drum roll please...
I'm back with MAC!!!
Shout it from the roof tops!
I'M BACK WITH MAC!!!
(at least for my foundation Primer, anyway)  :-)

Well, ladies - that's the DL update on foundation primers.  So - this leads us to the next question -> What foundation do I use on top of this most excellent MAC Prep + Prime. Well - that will have to wait until next time....but, until then ->

What's in your vanity that you love?

4 comments:

  1. Now, chica, you KNOW I'm a MAC girl! I lurv, lurv, lurv Prep + Prime. I use the one with spf 50 ('cause I've got that ginger complexion). I can't believe I ever wore make up without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benefit does a concealer/shadow primer called "Stay" that has changed my life. I have serious eye circles above and below - and it not only starts to cover them as it's yellowish, but holds the concealer and shadow both like nothing I've ever tried. The only thing that has ever worked this well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @CookingInStillettos - me too! I LOVE MAC! I probably have more MAC in my make-up stash than anything else. Wheeeee!

    @woodwoman - WHAT?! WHAT?! Something new to try! YES! Thanks! Sephora here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One, I do hate that Bare Escentials sit in every nook and cranny (however FEW!) on my face.
    But can I just say how happy I am you wrote this? I've meaning to try a primer and YEAH, there is a Mac counter at the mall here!

    ReplyDelete