Friends Showin Me Some Love!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Benefit Lemon Aid

It's kind of funny.  I usually do a quick scan on the internet to see what other reviews say about a product before I post it on here. No one ever agrees. Ha!  I don't care.  This is one of my favorite's in my make-up drawers.  I use it every day now.  I feel like I stumbled onto something great when I bought this on a whim at Sephora one day. I think it was around $20.  I think it's gonna last foreva eva eva. Hip Hip Hooray!  My eyelids need some color correcting and primed before I put on eyeshadow if I want it to stay put longer than 2 hours.  My eyelids have this reddish tint that needs covering instead of the black or blue some people fight.  Probably comes with age. So - This stuff works!  It also seems to be an instant eye lift to my eyes. YAY!  I will say that it is very yellow when you put it on your eyelids at first...a bit alarming. :-)  But - your eyeshadow softens it and you can never tell it's there once you have eyeshadow on.  Bonus for me is that it doesn't crease...melt...or look cakey. That might be a bonus for you too. :-)  My eyeshadow stays on for a really long time...I only have to lightly freshen once during the day if I use this. I will admit putting on all the primers and putting on your make-up takes extra time...but, it seems worth it to me to make my make-up last and last and last....Primer...another word for the concept Energizer Bunny.

So...final word on this from me...
this one is a keeper and will be on top Must Haves for me. 
Yeah, I like it THAT much.

In other news...today is the first day of Spring and it is snowing here in smallish town Missouri. Farewell to the crocus and daffodils that had been blooming in my yard! Ack!  Oh well - it will be sunny again soon.

2 comments:

  1. I love Lemonaid! I have been disappointed in Benefit's products before, but this and Eyebright are winners for me.

    I linked your blog on mine; let's get this party started!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo, Mamma! Thought I'd come by and say hello.
    I LOVE Benefit stuff but haven't been by their counter in a while. This would do it for me. Reminds me of something my mom had from Avon in the 80s. HEE!

    ReplyDelete